Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Let Me Throw This Out There

 Yeah my friends, I've had some bad luck with kitties and it's sad.  Barney had a great life though, he might've been close to 18-years-old.  Casey, who died 2 years ago this Friday, probably did get stung by those bees.  Now, the one that always bothered me was Smokey.  Smokey's disappearance and apparent death was strange.  Let me explain and maybe one of you might have a theory.

Smokey was healthy but came inside literally screaming.  She meowed in such a horrible way that I couldn't describe it.  Now, I was going to take her to the vet and get her put to sleep because it was obvious she was in pain but my mom accidently let her out and she went over the hill and died.  Now, what makes a cat apparently healthy one day come in screaming the next.  A note- she really seemed to be in pain when I touched her head.  Any theories?  Like I said, her death always nagged at me.  To this day, I always wondered if someone kicked her.


2 comments:

  1. honestly; smokey may have had a stroke; threw a blood clot...that happened to Rosie who lived across from daiSy.

    No one can never convince me otherwise, that CONVENIA .....%^*@)&^$)@$(*! that it is... didn't kill Sauce...that still nags me too

    we are out til Monday; will see you next week ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saddle thrombus. It's a blood clot blocking the spine. On the blog Melissa's Mochas Mysteries and Meows lost her young cat Truffles to this and has written about it. Please look it up independently too but if you think this fits you can contact Melissa. Also there is a Facebook group "Cats With Blogs" where you can ask any of the other bloggers (including Melissa). I don't have a blog but I stop by there and comment once in awhile, so you would be more than welcome.

    Also, Barney is featured on today's Power of the Paw memorial page. I hope I send in the correct information about the kitties you have lost. Purraqyers !

    ReplyDelete